Explore Sasak Village & Kute
What it is
A full-day excursion providing you with a comprehensive experience of Lombok, combining visits to natural treasures for picturesque scenery, as well as chances to discover the unique Sasak culture and traditions of the island. This excursion is perfect for those with very limited time.
What you get
- Discover the age-old Sasak culture, traditions and beliefs at a traditional village
- Visit Banyumulek; the village is known for its pottery industry
- Learn how to weave at Sukarare village
- Relaxing at stunning Tanjung Aan Beach situated on a bay near Kuta Beach.
Embark on a full day to discover the culture and traditions of indigenous Sasak tribes. Your dedicated guide will pick you up at the hotel lobby at 08:30hrs. Drive to Banyumulek – a village in West Lombok regency. Situated about 14 kilometres south of the capital city, Mataram; the village is known for its pottery industry. See a great array of pottery handicrafts which are made using traditional techniques and try making your own piece of pottery that you can bring home with you.
Another hands-on experience to follow; learn how to weave at Sukarare village, located south of Cakranegara on Jonggot district in the heart of Lombok. Known as the center of production for genuine traditional hand-woven fabric from the Sasak tribe, here at the village, weaving is obligatory and part of daily activity for the Sasak women. Get to know more of the making process of Sasak traditional woven fabric, which involves age-old traditions that have been handed down through generations. Get a better understanding on how the techniques, patterns and motifs have evolved over time to create each individual masterpiece.
Get a glimpse of traditional Sasak life at Sade village and observe the unique house with alang-alang roof built from a mixture of soil and cow dung. Proceed to drive southward to arrive at Kuta Beach and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing at stunning Tanjung Aan beach situated on a bay near Kuta Beach. Transfer back to your hotel in Senggigi and the rest of the evening is free at your own leisure. Then return to your Hotel.
- Private air conditioned car
- All applicable entrance fees and parking fees
- English/German/French-speaking guide
- Prevailing government tax & service charge
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and etc.
- Others meals which is not specified in the itinerary
- Tipping for guide, driver and porter
- All things not mentioned in the program