Step into ancient time, in the atmosphere of old Java. Waking up to a view of the largest Hindu temple ‘Borobodur’ the 3 days of explore will take you back to time of the great kingdom, Majapahit. The surroundings of the hotel is an Eden for guest how wish to see, meet and enjoy the real Javanese people and they joy of life, having only a little.
Day 1: Yogyakarta – Plataran Borobudur
Meet and greet by our representative upon arrival at Adisucipto Yogyakarta Airport and transfer to Plataran Borobudur hotel for check in, Enjoy the rest of the day free at your own leisure. Lunch and dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation in the PLATARAN BOROBUDUR (Deluxe wooden villa)
Day 2: Borobudur sunrise – Afternoon Kaliurang [B/L/-]
04:00 am You will leave early morning (about 03:30 to 04:00 am) from Jogyakarta to join Borobudur. Started from Manohara Hotel Borobudur Archaeological Park, you will experience the silent and quiet visit of Borobudur; the biggest Buddhist temple in the world, while witnessing the sunrise over the Mount Merapi (if weather permit). A fresh morning air and smoked blacked coffee or tasty tea complete this once in a life time watching “Borobudur Sunrise”. Afterwards, we drive you back to the hotel for breakfast and refreshment. In the afternoon (before lunch time), we’ll pick up you for a short city tour ending in Kaliurang. First we will visit the Kraton Sultan Palace walking over the remains of the past centuries, enabling you to understand the history of this artistic city. It was built in 1970 by Sri Sultan Hamengkubowono I., which is also a model of traditional Javanese palace architecture and it lies in the centre of the municipality. Up to now, Kraton still serves as the Sultan Palace. We continue our visit to Affandi Museum (closed on Monday). Affandi is a “legendary” famous painter in Indonesia. The museum is nearby the Gajah Wong river, for about 3500 are. This area consists of the museum itself and the Affandi’s house. The unusual architecture makes this place being unique, with an integrated environment planned by himself, plus the legendary Affandi’s paintings inside.
From Affandi Museum, we drive to Kaliurang for a lunch at Boukenh of Restaurant in Ulen Sentalu (closed on Monday). It’s on the slopes of Mount Merapi. Plus, the Ulen Sentalu Museum is arguably the most fascinating museum in the Yogyakarta area. It has been built about five years ago. The museum of Javanese art and culture is exceptionally well presented, interesting and informative. Here you could enjoy the Mount Merapi volcano view; with cool air and fresh atmosphere as it’s in the higher altitude. Afterwards, we drive back to your hotel.
Dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation at the PLATARAN BOROBUDUR (Deluxe wooden villa)
Day 3 Plataran – Yogyakarta airport [B/-/-]
Breakfast at the hotel. Morning is free at leisure until the check out time (12:00 standard hotel policy). Should there be any day use of room requested until 18:00hrs, it will be subject to the availability upon booking with additional cost.
In the appropriate time we transfer you to the airport, for your onward flight to your next destination.
This ‘3D2N package’ includes:
- 2 – nightS accommodation at Hotel you have chosen, based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Activities and excursions as per itinerary
- Bottled drinking water during transfers
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide (additional charge applies for other language speaking guide)
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
This ‘3D2N package’ does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and porterage
- Any High Season and Peak /festive season surcharge (see below)
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activites that are not mentioned in the itinerary