Explore amazing Borobudur Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta is the cultural hub of Indonesia and you will quickly get to understand why. Home to astonishing temples as Borobudur, the largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia, also listed as UNESCO heritage site, and Prambanan, a complex of Hindus temples, with its carvings onto its walls, telling the Ramayana story. Besides its priceless architecture monuments, the atmosphere of Yogyakarta is partly due to the fact that the Sultan of Yogyakarta empowers its inhabitants, being supportive and attracting Indonesians from all over the archipelago, to experience the artistic and bustling life of the city. He’s a respected figure of Yogyakarta and still has an important impact on social life. We take you to the Keraton, the Sultan’s Palace; afterward we will have a closer look to its surrounding, still very active named Taman Sari, to enjoy the traditional handcrafts and Javanese daily life.
Day 1: Yogyakarta– Prambanan Temple [-/L/-]
Arrival at Yogyakarta International Airport (expected morning arrival), meet and greetings by our local guide who will then lead you the car for your transfer to Yogyakarta. On the way, stop visit will be made at Prambanan Temple. the temple of the “slender virgin” which also known as a complex of Lorojongrang, consist of 3 major temples/shrines in the main area dedicated to respected Hindu’s God Tri Murti trinity such as Candi Shiva Mahadeva, Candi Brahma & Candi Vishnu. Enough time is given to stroll and observe the beautiful carvings and the neighborhood shrines such as the Candi Palosan and the Candi Sewu. The Ramayana story is carved into the walls of the temples. Enough time is given to stroll around and to observe the beautiful carvings. Afterwards proceed to the hotel for check in and enjoy the rest of the day free at your own leisure.Dinner at own arrangement.
Accommodation at the JOGJAKARTA PLAZA (Deluxe Room)
Day 2: Borobudur sunrise – Candirejo [B/L/-]
Breakfast at hotel. 04:00 Leave very early morning from Yogyakarta direct to Borobudur. Started from Manohara Hotel Borobudur Archeological Park, be ready for having experience the silent and lonely down visit Borobudur; the biggest Buddhist temple in the world, while witnessing the sunrise over come of Mount Merapi (if weather permit). Fresh morning air and smoked blacked coffee or heavy tea leads you absolutely pleased with “Borobudur Sunrise”. Afterwards, we continue to visit the nearby located temples such as Pawon Temple and Mendut Temple. Then proceed to we drive shortly to Candirejo Village – which located about 2 km from Borobudur Temple. It is a Traditional Javanese village that has been an example of village tourism. Upon arrival in the village we join an exploratory village tour by “Andong” (horse drawn carriage) and gain insight and knowledge of local customs and traditions, art and handicrafts, traditional health drinks and the agricultural system of intercropping. The tours take about 1, 5 hr – 02 hr. Afterwards return to the hotel in Yogyakarta then enjoy the rest of the afternoon free at your own leisure.
Dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation at the JOGJAKARTA PLAZA (Deluxe Room)
Day 3: Yogyakarta city tour [B/L/-]
Today we will take you to visit the Sultan Palace Or ‘Keraton”, built in the grand and elegant Javanese architectural style, lies in the center of the municipality (Keraton is open from 08.00 a.m. to 02.00 p.m. except Friday closes at 01.00 p.m. and closed on national and keraton holidays). It was built in 1756 by Sri Sultan Hamengkubowono I., and is a model of traditional Javanese palace architecture. Up to now, the Keraton still serves as the Sultan Palace. By walking distance we will visit one of the most intriguing parts on the tour of the Keraton; Tamansari, literally it means “Fragrant garden”. Over 25,000 people live within this greater Keraton compound, which contains its own market, shops, batik and silver cottage industries, schools and mosques.
In the afternoon we proceed to Kotagede with traditional transportation Becak or by bicycle. The tour will go through Bumen Village, Kembang Waru bread production and then continue to traditional market Pasar Gede or Pasar Legi. Along the way we also visit one of the oldest mosque in Kota Gede (built in 1575), and visit the Royal Cemetery where the remains the first king of Mataram and his family lay. We then continue to discover the Joglo, the traditional javanese house and have a look on the combination of javanese and colonial architecture.
Transfer to Airport to catch your Flight to Bali
This ‘3 Days amazing Borobudur’ package includes:
- 2 – nights accommodation at your chosen Hotel, based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Activities and excursions as per itinerary
- Bottled drinking water during transfers and tours
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide (additional charge applies for other language speaking guide)
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
This ‘3 Days amazing Borobudur’ package does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and porterage
- Any High Season and Peak /festive season surcharge (see below)
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activites that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Good to know
- Minimum of 2 persons per booking
- Additional charges apply during high season and peak season period
- Price and booking confirmation are subject to room availability
- Private basis only (no seat in coach available)