Explore North Sumatra
North Sumatra tours is an adventure package tours on North sumatra province to show you the incredible holiday in Sumatra. A stunning island in the middle of this vast fresh water lake, Samosir is the spiritual heartland of the Toba Batak people. To the north of the city of Medan, encounter the endangered orangutan. Meet the rangers of the Gunung Leuser national Park; some of them also raise the wild animals in the park.
PROGRAM NORTH SUMATRA TOURS
Day 1: Medan –Samosir Island
Medan is the capital city of north Sumatra province. On your arrival at Kuala Namu, New Medan International airport, welcome by our asian explore local guide who then lead you to the capital of Medan for a short Medan city tour. The North Sumatra tour commences with the visit to the Sultanate Palace of Malay Deli – Maimoon and the historical Great Mosque Al-Mashum. Afterward continue drive to Lake Toba, one of the deepest and largest crater lakes in the world, for about four hours’ drive through enormous government-owned estate of oil palm and rubber plantation. Arrive at Parapat, a little town at the edge of the lake Toba, we cross the lake by motor boat (ferry boat for about an hour) to reach Samosir Island, the homeland of Batak people.
Rest of day is free at leisure. Lunch and dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation at the Tabo Cottage
Day 2: Samosir Island – Boat excursion (B/-/-)
Breakfast at the hotel. We spend a day cruising by boat around Samosir Island on lake Toba to Ambarita to see the traditional Batak village with its ancient megalith furniture. Then continue to Simanindo to see the Batak Toba traditional houses and to see Folk dance. Proceed by boat to Tomok Village with its historical old tombs of king Sidabutar. Arrival at the hotel and enjoy the rest of the afternoon free at your own leisure. Optional program’ meet the family of king Sidabutar’ You have the chance to visit and meeting in person with the family of the King Sidabutar before leaving Tomok. After the visit, each member of the group will get souvenir and usually a piece of Ulos. Ulos is a typical hand weaving cloth of Batak tribe. Additional cost of this option USD 15.00 net/person and should be arranged in advance.
Lunch & dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation at the Tabo Cottage
Day 3: Samosir Island- Berastagi [B/-/-]
Breakfast at the hotel. we leave Samosir island on toba lake and Cross over by ferry boat for about an hour back to Parapat and scenic drive to the cool and pleasant highland town of Berastagi. En-route will stop at the long house of King Simalungun, continue to Sipiso piso waterfall and Dokan, a Karo village with a number of traditional houses still being used where eight families live in together in each house. Arrive Berastagi stop and wander around local fruit market before check-in hotel. Lunch and dinner at own arrangement.
Accommodation at the GRAND MUTIARA HOTEL (Superior)
Day 4: Berastagi – Bukit Lawang – Medan [B/-/-]
Breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Bukit Lawang, where the Orangutan located in Gunung Leuser Park. This is one of the largest national parks in the world containing over 800,000 ha of virgin rain-forest. Arrive at Bukit Lawang, take a short rest into followed by a hike in Gunung Leuser National Park to visit the feeding site where the Orangutans are fed and trained to live in the wild habitat. It is a marvelous sight to see them swinging freely through the jungle. Then following the same quite steep trail through the forest we back down crossing by a cable and pulley driven dugout canoe.
You have the chance to take an optional jungle walk for a few hours with a local ranger to explore more tropical flora and fauna. Those who do not wish to take this option can have time for relaxing before driving back to Medan.
Afterward continue driving east through vast rubber and oil palm plantation to Binjai, which is then proceed driving on the same road back to Medan. Lunch and dinner at own arrangement. Accommodation at the ANTARES HOTEL (Superior) Note:Camera fee inside National Park is IDR 50,000 and handy cam is IDR 150,000 and has to be paid on spot.
Day 5: Medan – Departure [B/-/-]
Breakfast at hotel. Morning is free at leisure for relaxing until the check-out time at 12:00 hours. Should there be any day used of room requested until maximum 18:00 hours, it will be subject to the availability upon booking. At appropriate time departure from the hotel to the airport to catch the flight for your onward destination.
This ‘North Sumatra tours’ package includes:
- 4 – night accommodation at your chosen Hotel, based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals mentioned in the itinerary as specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Boat to explore Toba
- Activities and excursions as per itinerary
- Bottled drinking water during transfers and tours
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide (additional charge applies for other language speaking guide)
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
This ‘North Sumatra tours’ package does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and porterage
- Any High Season and Peak /festive season surcharge (see below)
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activites that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Good to know
- Minimum of 2 persons per booking
- Additional charges apply during high season and peak season period
- Price and booking confirmation are subject to room availability
- Private basis only (no seat in coach available)