SASAK LOMBOK – GILI 4D3N
Sasak People, The Lombok island’s native inhabitants are culturally and linguistically related to the Balinese, but unlike the Hindu Balinese, the majority are Muslim. This change in culture is clearly recognisable when you touchdown in Lombok, with many mosques and minarets all around. The call to prayer can often be heard, and Islamic traditions and holidays influence the island’s daily activities.
DAY 01: ARRIVAL
Our professional and licensed guide greet you with warm welcome upon arrival at Lombok International Airport and will escort you to your hotel of choice in LOMBOK. With fewer tourists and a noticeably different atmosphere, Lombok offers something different compared to the neighbour island of Bali. Check-in and enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your own leisure.
DAY 2: SASAK & KUTE TOUR (L)
Our professional and licensed guide picks you up at 08.30 and will escort you to Banyumulek – a village in West Lombok regency. Situated about 14 kilometres south of the capital city, Mataram; the village is known for its Pottery industry. therefore you can see a great array of Pottery handicrafts which are made using traditional techniques.
Then we continue to get a glimpse of traditional Sasak life at Sade village and observe the unique house with alang-alang roof built from a mixture of soil and cow dung, and proceed to drive southward to arrive at Kuta Beach and spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing at Kuta Beach. Lunch will be served at Local Restaurant in Kuta.
After Lunch we continue to learn how to weave at Sukarare village. The village is known as a centre of production for genuine traditional hand-woven fabric from the Sasak tribe. Because at the village, weaving is obligatory and part of daily activity for the Sasak women. therefore we will show you the process of Sasak traditional woven fabric, which involves age-old traditions that have been handed down through generations. And it is necessary to get a better understanding on how the techniques, patterns and motifs have evolved over time to create each individual masterpiece. Then drive to your Hotel for check-in and the rest is free at leisure.
DAY 03: GILI TRAWANGAN TOUR (BL)
Breakfast at hotel and start the day with Gili trawangan tour. we will visit Bukit malimbu with a stunning view of Mount Agung in Bali and beautiful cluster of gili Islets.
Then we drive to the harbour around 30-minutes to get on Boat to Gili trawangan; small island with its various marine tourism activities such as swimming, snorkelling, glass bottom boat, short diving, island tour with cidomo (all are optional on your own expenses). Lunch will be served at Local Restaurant and in the Afternoon return to Lombok.
On the way, it is possible to drive through Pusuk Rain forest with scenic view of beautiful valleys and encounter monkeys along the side of the road. then continue to visit Sesela art market to see Cukli handicrafts (wood carvings, rattan) before drive to your Hotel. Afternoon is free at leisure.
DAY 04: DEPARTURE – AIRPORT TRANSFER (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Check out will be at the designated time, it is depending on your flight schedule. Our Guide will escort you to Lombok International Airport for your onward flight to next destination.
This ‘4 Days 3 Night Lombok & Gili’ package includes:
- 3 – night accommodation at your chosen Hotel, based on twin-sharing (2 persons per room)
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary and specified (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Private transportation in a chauffeur-driven, air-conditioned vehicle
- Activities and excursions as per itinerary
- Bottled drinking water during transfers
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Professional and licensed English-speaking guide (additional charge applies for other language speaking guide)
- All entrance fees, donations and parking fees as per itinerary
This ‘Waterfalls of Lombok’ package does NOT include:
- Visa fee / arrangements if applicable
- Any domestic or international flights
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone call, room service, mini bar, etc
- Personal health and travel insurance
- Gratuities/ tipping for driver and/or guide and porterage
- Any High Season and Peak /festive season surcharge (see below)
- Any additional excursion/optional tours/activites that are not mentioned in the itinerary
Good to know
- Minimum of 2 persons per booking
- Additional charges apply during high season and peak season period
- Price and booking confirmation are subject to room availability
Private basis only (no seat in coach available)